THE GUIDEBOOK IS HERE!
Discovering Seattle Parks: A Local’s Guide
By Linnea Westerlind
Published by Mountaineers Books
Discovering Seattle Parks is the first guidebook to our city’s parks in nearly four decades, and it’s about time!
Organized by neighborhood, this playful guidebook will keep families, walkers, dog owners, and kids of all ages busy year-round with everything from pocket parks and secret viewpoints to popular destinations, such as Discovery Park, Warren G. Magnuson Park and Lincoln Park.
DISCOVERING SEATTLE PARKS FEATURES:
• Detailed descriptions of more than 110 city parks
• Easy icons for key features: playgrounds, great views, waterfront
spots, spray parks, dog-friendly parks, barbecue grills, and more
• Fun facts and historical tidbits
• Public art, wheelchair-accessible parks, cycling or stroller-friendly paths, and
• In-depth maps for larger parks with trail networks highlighted
• Driving and transit directions
• Selection of parks beyond Seattle’s borders, from Everett to
HOW TO BUY:
After June 1 it will be available at many local bookstores and neighborhood shops. Please consider purchasing a copy at your favorite store.